During the annual Lerner and Rowe Turkey Giveaway in which turkeys and sides were handed out to over 600 families, Lerner and Rowe presented a donation of $1500 to the Food Bank of Northwest Indiana to assist in their efforts to provide meals for the people that are food insecure in Lake and Porter counties in Indiana. It should also be noted, that Lerner and Rowe Gives Back often donates over $1,000,000 annually to assist those in need nationally .
Arianna Baiz, Director of Outreach stated that Lerner and Rowe is committed to helping those less fortunate during this holiday season. Victor Garcia accepted the donation on behalf of the Food Bank of Northwest Indiana thanking Lerner and Rowe for their generous contribution.
The Food Bank of Northwest Indiana has seen a drastic increase in demand for meals in Northwest Indiana during the pandemic. The following is a summary of the demand and response during the pandemic.
- Increase Lake County individuals served by 70% since February
- Increase Porter County individuals served by 40% since February
- Provide nearly 3,554,704 meals since February
- Distribute nearly 2,962,254 pounds of food since February
- Increase Mobile Market distributions and partnerships by 70% since February
- Provide emergency assistance grants of more than $70,000 to our 111 pantry partners
Thank you Lerner and Rowe for your generous contribution. Thank you Food Bank of Northwest Indiana for your undaunted support of those in need. On behalf of The Bill and Kali Show, We Love What You Do!
A show that highlights organizations and individuals doing wonderful things for those in need or their community.