A wonderful night with guest, friends and the team members from Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Indiana.
The evening started out with the stylings Eric Lambert and Char. Following, Kali and Bill welcomed the crowd with a monologue that honored the great organizations and people who are servinging others in the Chicagoland area and beyond. They went on to state that it is their goal to provide a platform for these fine organizations, in order to elevate news of their hard work.
An interview with Wende Burbridge, the Director of Development for Habitat for Humanity followed. Wende shared with us information about their upcoming build programs, such as Women’s Build as well as a faith based build project in which they are partnering with Thrivent. The two organizations will invite the Faith Community of Lake County to build a new home for a partner family this year.
Wende also shared the process that is used to partner with families in the building of their future homes. Wende went on to state that the process is intended to put the family back on the road to independence with consultation on personal finances and home ownership.
Wende also shared information about Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Indiana Restore (locations in Merrillville and Gary), which provides building supplies and gently used appliances at affordable prices. She continued to say that the profits realized at the Restore goes to Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Indiana.
A delicious lasagna dinner, prepared by Wanda Hines and Susan Crouch of Tinker’s Attic was served to our guests. As everyone enjoyed the meal, two items were auctioned off;
- Painting of President Jimmy Carter – Winner Kali Rasala ( No surprise there. Kalia is an aggressive auction participant)
- Gift Basket of chocolates and shaving items provided by Thomas Kia in Highland Indiana Winner Frank Mrvan
Kali donated the painting of Jimmy Carter to Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Indiana. Frank Mrvan presented the gift basket to Wanda Hines in honor of her upcoming birthday.
We would like to thank the following people and organizations for making this event a success;
- Thank you Susan Crouch and Wanda Hines of One Best Life at Tinker’s Attic for organizing the entertainment and serving a delicious meal as well as their kind use of their facility.
- Thank you to Thomas Kia for providing the gift basket for silent auction.
- Thank you to Eric Lambert and Char Fietz Buchanan for providing such a wonderful performance
- Thank you to Gary L. Price for your painting of President Jimmy Carter
- Thank you to Indiana State Rep. Chris Chyung of Dist. 15 for your support and your service to the citizens of Indiana and for serving on the board of directors for Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Indiana
- Thank you to North Township Trustee Frank Mrvan and wife Jane Trimble Mrvan for showing your support of the event and Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Indiana as well as your service to the citizens of the North Township.
- Thank you to the members of HealthLinc for purchasing the largest number of tickets for the event.
- Thank you to all who attended. Your support is greatly appreciated.
The video of “Dinner and Music with Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Indiana” will be available for viewing and listening accross all of The Bill and Kali Show social media platforms on Monday, January 27 at 8:00 pm. Proceeds from this event will be presented to Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Indiana in the very near future.
Look for more of our live shows and events to support other organizations in the near future.
To keep up to date on our show schedule and view our past shows, like our Facebook Page The Bill and Kali Show or Subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
A show that highlights organizations and individuals doing wonderful things for those in need or their community.